Sisterhood of the World Bloggers Award is an award that recognizes the unique voices of women across the world. Thank you to hiMe for nominating me. In her blog, A Refugee’s Journey – Vietnam to Australia she writes about her experiences in a way that takes your breath away. Her poetry invites the reader into her world and leaves powerful images in the mind that linger long after.
The Sisterhood of World Bloggers Award
These are the five rules to follow:
- Thank the blogger who nominated you, linking back to their site.
- Put the Award logo on your blog.
- Answer the ten questions sent to you.
- Make up ten new questions for your nominees to answer.
- Nominate seven blogs.
I nominate the following bloggers for the award
2. Jessica Edouard – Send Sunshine
5. Saya – sayadpoet
6. Pat Cegan – Source of Inspiration
7. Angloswiss – Chronicles of An Anglo Swiss
My ten questions to answer.
1.Why did you blog?
I have written on a daily basis since I was a teenager. While writing can be a very solitary experience, blogging enables me to become part of a community. I enjoy reading the work of other writers and getting feedback on what I’ve written.
2.What is your favourite memory?
I guess I don’t have a specific favorite memory. I have many snippets from days gone by that make me smile. Most of these involve laughing with family.
3.Where is your favourite travelling destination?
I love Key West. If I could get on a plane this very moment and go, I would. It’s fun, relaxing, and a great place to people-watch.
4.What do you value most in life?
Peace and happiness. There are many things that are tied into that, but at the end of the day, that’s all I want.
5.If you were to die tomorrow, what would you like to do today?
I would be reading and writing on a beach in Key West
6.What was your childhood like?
My childhood was fabulous. I’m lucky to come from a big, loving family.
7.What is your dearest wish?
Again….peace and happiness.
8.What do you envision yourself doing in 5-year time?
I would love to be writing full-time.
9.What are your hobbies?
In addition to writing, I am a huge reader. I also paint and draw.
10.What would you do if you are trapped living under a brutal, oppressing regime?
I can’t imagine what that must be like. I’m sure there is much sadness and also great opportunities to grow in personal strength and perseverance.
My ten questions for bloggers.
- What motivates you to write?
- How long have you been writing?
- What do you do when you encounter writer’s block?
- What do you enjoy most about being part of a writing community?
- How do you react if posts don’t get as much response as you’d hope?
- What, if any, impact do you hope to have with your writing?
- Do you write outside of your blog?
- What would surprise people about you?
- Are there topics you consider to be off-limits?
- What is your favorite way to spend a day?